Blinds

Easy Update Link_SAVE 20% + GET FREE SHIPPING AT BLINDSGALORE.COM, exp. 4/27, Animated

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Mom Prior to Cancer

What my mom did before cancer is not known to many of you.  Mom has COPD and is on oxygen so she doesn't really run around the neighborhood or drive kids to soccer like some moms.  After graduating from college she worked at a few jobs and was just finding her niche in the world.  I had given her the fir computer of many in her life.  Wasn't long before she upgraded and started learning new things.  She was as knoweldgeable as anyone I had ever met.  She didn't know everything, but she knew enough to be dangerous and knew where to learn more!  Soon, she found graphics!  She was a graphic freak.  Would stay up at all hours learning how to create new things.  Like most people of her time, her confidance was still blossoming.  And just about the time when I thought she was going to come alove and explode with her talent, we found out she had Lyme disease. 

She had Lyme some time and was unaware of it.  Not long after I found out I had it too.  We had lived in Minnesota for some years and both had picked it up the same summer according to our symptoms.  We have fought long and hard against this evil disease but we both believe you never tully get it out of your system. You merely hope that you can get it into remission and move on with life. 

The Lyme took it's toll. Mom didn't do as much graphics because she was so tired all the time.  But, what she did create I managed to hold onto.  I started creating things with her unique graphics on them.  I'd love your feedback on the things that I'm putting together.  Check them out on http://www.cafepress.com/a2h Keep checking back as I'll continue to create new items. 

No comments:

Post a Comment